An exclusive post giving useful tips to choose the CMS for your blog. WordPress or Blogger or Joomla ?? Check it inside..
In my last post, I wrote about How to choose best domain and hosting provider for your blog. In my addiction to the series of starting a professional blog, here’s this post guiding you to choose the CMS (Content Management System) for your blog.
Before stepping into that, I would like to tell in brief about
What is CMS and Why is it needed?
As the name says, Content Management System is a package developed by a specific firm or company to manage the content uploaded over a website in a specific way. These Content Management Systems allow you to upload and publish your content in a better way and you do not need to sit and code the whole thing in PHP or ASP.net. There are a few popular Content Management Systems on the market, like WordPress, Blogger, Joomla
WordPress : WordPress is undoubtedly most popular and the best ever CMS till date in the market. Being an open source CMS, you can customize it in whichever way you want. Availability of millions of plugins and themes, make it easy to customize. There is a plugin for almost everything in the WordPress database. WordPress is also popular because it is very easy to install and use even for a first time user.
Blogger : Blogger is also a very popular CMS and the best competitor to WordPress. Being a Google product, at some point, Google gives more importance to blogger pages in SERP (Search Engine Ranking Positions) . There is one more advantage of being with Blogger, you only need to pay your domain charges every year. Because your files are hosted with Blogger and you need not to spend any money on buying hosting package.
Joomla : To some users, Joomla may seem very complicated because of they way it is designed. It is very heavy package as compared to WordPress. It is basically useful when you want to embed many things like a blog, forum and a shopping store. Joomla is a licensed software and you may not customize it without a legal permission from the developers of this package. Also, Joomla is not very much popular as it is not being used by a great number of users.
Some useful tips to choose CMS for your blog
- If you do not have some technical experience and want a very simple framework to work on, i would advice you not to try Joomla. Blogger and WordPress might just be good choices for you.
- If you do not have experience of wordpress and blogger, do not waste your money. Start a free blog first and go through the features and options. Once you have explored both these CMSs a bit, you can be in the condition to choose a CMS for you.
- If you are a techie and planning to start something more than a blog, then you can go for Joomla. But remember , if you get some error in editing joomla files, you do not have a great forum with millions of users like WordPress has.
- If you do not want to waste much money, go with a free blogger blog. Make it a bit popular and then buy a custom domain for it. That is the best way you can use your resources and money.
Today’s Question : Which Content Management System are you using for your blog? What made you choose that particular CMS and how satisfied are you with that??
Incoming Search Terms :
- How to choose best CMS for blog
- Best CMS in the market
- Comparison between WordPress and Joomla
- Comparison between WordPress and blogger
Filed in: Blogging Techniques
About the Author (Author Profile)Kunwar Prithvi Singh Chauhan is a teenager guy, at this point of time he is 17. He started his first blog when he was 9. He is full time blogger at Commenti, and he writes for several other blogs as a guest blogger.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Basic things to know before starting blog - Kunwar Prithvi's Blog | October 22, 2012
- 10 must have plugins for WordPress blog - Kunwar Prithvi's Blog | November 6, 2012
- 10 Best Social Sharing Plugins for WordPress - Kunwar Prithvi's Blog | March 18, 2013