Ever wondered about what the basics of blogging are? Read inside for a interesting post about most basic terms in blogging and how you can master them.
When someone asks you about basics of something, the first thing comes in your mind is, very small and important point about that particular thing without which that thing is incomplete. Be in any living or non living thing. I am not talking about any of those things mentioned above, well in this post, I will be talking about the basics of blogging.
In my last post also, I wrote about Basics of Social Media Integration for blog , if you have read that post, you must be having an idea of how small things were discussed in that post.
When it comes to the basics of blogging, several things might strike your mind. For example, if someone asked me before a year about what the basics of blogging are, I would say, writing content and earning money. In the course of time, my thinking has changed. I have realized that there are some more basic things which are more important than making money. First of all I will list out 3 basic things which I think are needed for the growth of a blog
3 basic yet most important terms in blogging
According to my research of all these years, I have found that these are surely the most important terms of blogging, for example
Making money from your blog needs more visitors and more visitors come by the aggressive promotion.
For getting more readers, you need to have quality content and you need to promote that in a right way.
For new ideas, you need to read the material present on the web.
How to master these basics of blogging
It is a great saying by Shakespeare, that learning age never ends. If you think that you have enough knowledge about blogging tactics and your niche, then you are wrong. Nobody can be perfect. There are a lot of things coming out everyday, be it Google’s algo updates where they tell the new techniques you need to implement to remain safe from the penguin and panda and keep your content higher in SERP (Search Engine Ranking Positions), or any new update coming out in terms of technology or the niche with which you are blogging. All these things need you to be updated with the latest news and technologies. Below are a few point which will tell you what all you have to do to master the reading element.
- Read famous blogs in your niche : Reading other blogs of your niche which are popular can help you in many ways. First, it makes your reading power strong and it gives you an idea of how great bloggers write.
- Surf Internet and research as much as possible : Surfing internet with a purpose of research gives you a lot of ideas about blogging and your upcoming posts. It keeps you updated with the latest trends in the market and helps you and your blog to be regularly updated. Also, you can research about the structure of blog posts and writing style to maintain a perfect rhythm for your blog posts.
Writing is obviously the best part of a blog. I placed reading before it because I felt a person needs some ideas before he can write something. Below are few points using which you can master your writing
- Practice : Practice makes a man perfect. Writing practice makes your writing style solid and error free. Everyone starts from zero, just keep writing and then point out your mistakes and try not to repeat them again. This will give a great boost to your writing.
- Explore : When you are blank without any ideas, try closing your Internet connection, open a word editor and start writing whatever comes in your mind. Just write anything you think of related to your niche and blog. After some time, you would realize that you have many ideas on screen. You can start writing about them.
Promotion as I told before too, helps you in getting visitors and helps people recognize your blog and brand. So implementation of right promotions technique can boost your visitor count.
- Promote on Social Media : Social media has emerged as one of the greatest sharing as well as traffic source. So, whenever you write a blog post, make a habit of sharing that on your social circles so that you can get some instant traffic. Also Read : Basics of Social Media Integration for blog
- Guest Posts and Blog commenting : Both these things give a genuine backlink to your blog and it also redirects many visitors to your blog. You might not get thousands of visitors on a single day, but it gives a constant traffic and exposure to your blog.
Today’s Question : Which of the above term is most important according to you and why. If you something important than all these terms, discuss with me in the comments section below.
Incoming Search Terms :
Basics of blogging
Most important terms in blogging
Basic and Important things in blogging
Filed in: Blogging Tips