Some proven ways to teach you How to get more comments on a blog. Read it inside for more information and get more comments straightway.
Money making is always among the top priorities for a blogger and that was the reason why I discusses it in my last post. If you did not read that post, check Ways to make money from a blog. I had covered some of my own experiences and advises by some of the great bloggers of this blogosphere and I seriously hope that post would be useful for all of you.
In this post, I will again be writing on something related to the blog management and tactics to get more blog exposure. I will be discussing some of the ways to get more comments on your blog and make it a discussion point so that search engines as well as your users will love this.
Well, before starting with the ways and steps you need to implement to get more comments on your blog, I will give you a brief idea of
Why you need more comments on your blog
A blog is something where a blogger can interact with people. Blog starts with a person who has interest in writing and he wants to contribute something to blogosphere. Gradually people start visiting that blog, start commenting and after a bit of time, the blog becomes a very good way to discuss the queries of your visitors as they do get a solution of every query they have by the blogger or fellow commentators.
When I started a blog, it took me over a month to get first genuine comment. But after that, I tried hard and today I get so many comment every day on my various blogs. There are many things which are possible only when you have a strong comment base. Have a look below for some of those.
- Whenever a comment is posted on your blog the page content gets updated. It also updates your page URL in the search engines and search engines refresh your ranking that is a great source as well as a chance to improve your rankings.
- Comments by satisfied users on a post always motivate you to keep writing great content regularly. It gives you a satisfactory feeling that whatever work you are doing is being considered and praised.
- Comments always increase the word count on a particular page and it is always good to have more and more content on a page. It helps your content to do better in Search Engine Rankings.
- Comments help to gain more trust of your visitors. More comments on a post assures that the post is really helpful and many other guys have recommended it. It gives your visitors a confidence to read and try out the ways you have mentioned in your blog post.
- Comments help in getting more and more returning visitors. If someone has posted a comment on your blog and when the comment gets a reply, there are plugins using which you can tell the comment author about the reply and then that person will come back to know what reply did he get to his comment. It further increases the interaction of your visitors and makes your blog a good place to have discussions.
- Comments on your blog post give your readers a chance to directly connect with you. They do not need to send you an email and wait for the reply. At the same time, it gives you an ease to be directly connected with your readers.
- You do have an option of moderating your comments. If you think there is a comment irrelevant to your content, you can just mark it as a spam and delete it. This helps in maintaining a proper keyword density.
These were some of the ways in which comments are useful for a blog. There might be several other ways, but I just dint want to make this post very lengthy by telling you just the benefits of having quality comments. Well, stepping towards the main topic, I will just discuss How you can get more comments on your blog.
Ways to get more comments on a blog
1. Write some quality content to get more visitors
When it comes to anything you can relate to blogging, content is always a factor. Content is the king and every other thing is after it in blogging. This saying is very much right. Content is the key factor behind the success of every blog because all your dedicated readers love you for your content. The same content can be a huge factor behind your desire to get so many comments on your blog. If you have written something incredible, people will surely give you the credit of your awesome work by mentioning it in your comments box. So never implement shortcuts in blogging, every single step has its own importance. Keep writing good content.
2. Choose your topics wisely
Your topics actually decide the nature of your visitors. If you are writing on something which is very general in the blogosphere, there will be less probability that you will get some genuine comments. At this point of time, over 1000 blogs get launched every single day and almost 80% of them are tech blogs writing about gadgets, android and other mobile operating systems. Now you can not expect a visitor to be on your page for long in that case and you lose the chances of getting a genuine comment. Whereas a how to topic or something like a tutorial will surely fetch you quality visitors and comments. There are chances that people will ask you something if they have a problem with any of the step you mentioned and that is very important to create a strong comment base for your blog.
3. Optimize your posts accordingly
Many times, people fail to write the blog posts in a good structure. While talking about something like getting more comments, this should be taken into consideration that a visitor will leave a comment only if you convince him to scroll till the end of your blog post. That is a moment when he sees your comment box and automatically leaves a thank you note. Well, by saying this I do not mean that the structure you are following is not good or something, because I have no clue who is reading my post at this time and what is his blog. There is one thing for sure, suppose a visitor has landed on your blog searching for something, and you provide him that in the very first line of your blog post, then there are 10% chances that the visitor will further read your post.
That was the main reason why I asked you to write your blog posts with a good structure. A good structure means that you need to start accordingly with the introduction and then going in the depth, the main thing should be included in the last. Because there will not be anyone who has very much spare time to read your full blog post even after his need is fulfilled.
4. Be an active commentator yourself
This might sound a bit odd for you, but yeah, this works. Whenever you are visiting a website or a blog, never forget to leave your link there with some valuable words in form of a comment. This creates a mutual relationship between two bloggers or webmasters. When the other blogger sees your comment on his blog, he will surely want to visit your website to leave his token of appreciation and you both find a dedicated reader. It is always a good practice to follow other blogs and appreciate the effort of blogger. You will get a link back to your website as well.
5. Reply to all the comments you get
This is one of the best thing a blogger does or he should do. Whenever you get a comment on your blog, do reply it with your kind words. This gives the visitor a feeling about the importance of his comment on your blog and then he makes sure he leave a comment on his every visit. Replying to the comments increases your comments count too. There are many more benefits if you reply to all those comments, this motivates the visitor to ask his query every time he has one, because he know that his query will be solved. This is one of the great way to gain the trust of your visitors.
6. Ask a question at the end of each post
If you are a regular reader of my blog, you must have noticed that I end each of my post with a question. This question can be anything about the post, you can even ask readers to give feedback about the post. Asking a question after the post gives them a chance to show their satisfaction after reading your post. If you have covered something really great in your post and then you are asking your reader to give some feedback, he will surely scroll down to the comments box and leave a satisfactory comment. Always remember to keep the question related to your post content to ensure high probability of getting a comment from each reader who reads that post.
7. Edit your spam comments and make them genuine
This is something many newbies try in order to get more comment count on their blog. Even I have done this when I was still a newbie in the field of blogging. In this era, when spamming is more than ever, you might be getting tons of spam comments daily. You can just edit a few of them and turn them into genuine comments according to your need. This has no direct negative impact. In fact, you can edit them properly with the keyword of that post and it will help in maintaining a good keyword density. Also, your readers will be looking at that good number a post has and they will also leave a comment easily.
Well, these were some of the ways, which I have implemented in past 6-7 years of my blogging career. Some of them have instant effect and some take a bit of time before showing response. Overall, all those factors are very useful and every blogger should implement them in order to get good number of comments.
Today’s Question : When you are visiting a blog, what makes you leave a comment there? Or if you are a blogger, what is the main factor you think to get more comments?
Incoming Search Terms
How to get more comments on my blog
Ways to get comments on blog
How can I get more comments to my blog
Filed in: Blogging Techniques